No Bake Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust & Pecan Topping is as easy as can be, but still delivers the sweet pumpkin and cinnamon spice flavors that we crave from a traditional pumpkin pie with a crunchy pecan bonus.
This is not a cream cheese pie or a whipped cream pie. This pie looks and tastes like the pies your grandma made, but it does not need to touch your oven. It is silky, spicy and perfectly sweet. Best of all, you can make this dessert a day or two ahead of time and check it off your to do list. Just pour the creamy filling into a store bought or prepared graham cracker crust and refrigerate. Save that oven space for another delicious recipe like oven roasted sweet potatoes or extra moist cornbread.
Table of contents
- You will love this Easy No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- About the Pecan Crumble Topping
- Ingredients you will need for this pumpkin pie
- How to make the no bake pumpkin pie
- How to make the pecan crumble topping
- Variations and serving suggestions
- Other holiday dessert recipes you may like to try:
You will love this Easy No Bake Pumpkin Pie
You can’t help but think of pumpkin pie when the weather starts to cool off and the trees turn into a spectacle of color. Of course you will want this pumpkin pie on your Thanksgiving dessert table, but who said that you have to wait for fall to get those wonderful vibes? This recipe makes it easy to enjoy those pumpkin flavored dreams all year long because the ingredients are always available.
About the Pecan Crumble Topping
The crunchy pecan topping is optional, so feel free to leave it off if that is your preference. But I would highly recommend trying it! It is amazing! Although the topping does need to be baked, the great thing about this topping is it can be made well ahead of time, stored in an airtight container and used when needed. It is delicious as a topping for pies, custards, yogurt or ice cream.
Ingredients you will need for this pumpkin pie
Pie Ingredients and notes
Graham Cracker Crust: We love the ease and flavor of a prepared graham cracker crust, but you can use any flavor you like. If you have a favorite pie crust you can also substitute that as well.
Pumpkin puree: This recipe uses pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling. I like Libby’s but any brand will work.
Gelatin: One envelope of unflavored gelatin such as Knox Gelatin is needed.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: Make sure you are using sweetened condensed and not evaporated milk.
Spices: I love the combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in this recipe.
Bourbon: I love the flavor bourbon brings to a pumpkin pie, but you can substitute a teaspoon of vanilla if you prefer.
Ingredients for the Pecan Crumble Topping
The topping is a combination of simple ingredients: chopped pecans, brown sugar, butter and flour, spiced with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
How to make the no bake pumpkin pie
- Make the pudding: Melt the gelatin in 1/4 cup of water. Add sweetened condensed milk and spices to the gelatin and cook until it starts to thicken.
- Add the pumpkin puree: Take the pudding off the stove and whisk in the pumpkin puree and bourbon until creamy.
- Refrigerate the pie: Pour the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
How to make the pecan crumble topping
- Mix the topping: Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Bake the topping: Pour the mixture on to a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Store: Crumble the topping and store in an air tight container until you are ready to use it.
Variations and serving suggestions
This recipe is really quite versatile and delicious any way that you want to use it. Here are some variations you might like to try:
Individual Pies: Pour the filling into small individual serving size pie crusts.
Pumpkin Pie parfaits: Crumble the graham cracker crust and place a small portion into a parfait or dessert dish, top with some of the filling, repeat with some of the graham cracker and more filling and refrigerate. Top with the pecan crumble and whipped cream or with just the whipped cream.
Pumpkin Pie Shooter: Use small shooter glasses and follow the directions for the parfaits.
Gluten free options: Eliminate the graham cracker crust and pecan crumble. Make the parfaits or shooters by layering the pumpkin pie filling with whipped cream and top with chopped roasted pecans or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Home made whipped cream or cool whip are always delicious additions to a pumpkin pie!
Once the pie has set, cover it and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
No. Although you can add it before the pie is set, you don’t have to. You can sprinkle the crumble topping on the pie when you serve it, leaving it up to each person to decide how they want enjoy their pie!
I have never tried freezing this pie myself, but if you wanted to try it, I would suggest wrapping it tightly with several layers of plastic wrap and then covering it with foil. If any of you try freezing it, I would love to hear your about your results.
Other holiday dessert recipes you may like to try:
I love to get your feedback so if you tried this No Bake Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Curst & Pecan Topping or any other recipes on this website, please leave me a comment below. I hope you enjoy our recipes and look forward to hearing from you!
No Bake Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust and Pecan Topping
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust 9" or 10"
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 envelope Gelatin
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 8 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon ground
- ½ tsp Ginger ground
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg ground
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Bourban optional
Pecan Crumble Topping
- 2 cups Pecans chopped
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Butter melted
- 1 tsp Cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg ground
- ¼ tsp Ginger ground
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Stir with a rubber spatula and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir it around to create crumbles as it cools. Store in an air tight container until ready to use.
- Combine the gelatin and water in a sauce pan and let it sit for a minute or two. Then cook over medium heat until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, spices and salt, stirring constantly until the mixture has just started to boil and thicken.
- Whisk in the puree and Bourbon stirring until the mixture is creamy.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust, cover lightly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Top with the pecan crumble topping and serve with whipped cream if desired.