The best Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip is creamy, spicy and loaded with chunks of chicken. This recipe is all of that! It incorporates all of the best flavors of Buffalo wings into one bowl and you avoid the mess of frying up the wings! Chicken, hot sauce, and blue cheese all loaded on a chip or a piece of celery, you choose the vehicle!
If you really want to serve chicken wings, try this easy but delicious Oven Barbecue Wings.
It wouldn’t be a game day party in our house without some representation of Buffalo chicken wings. This is our favorite alternative to serving original Buffalo wings. I love this easy dip recipe because it only needs a few ingredients, delivers all of the wing flavors we love and is ready in about 20 minutes.
Ingredients you need and substitutions
- Chicken: I use left over chopped or shredded rotisserie chicken. You can use any leftover chicken, cooked chicken breasts that you have poached or canned chicken that has been drained well.
- Cream Cheese: Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature so that it mixes easily with the other ingredients.
- Blue Cheese Dressing: If you want to make this as authentic as possible, then blue cheese dressing is a must. If you absolutely have to you can substitute ranch dressing, but it just is not the same.
- Hot Sauce: My family is partial to Franks Hot Sauce because it provides the best flavor if you are going for that original Buffalo wing sauce vibe. Your favorite hot pepper sauce will also work just fine
- Green onions: These are really optional. We love the flavor and texture that scallions add, but you can leave them out and the dip will still be delicious.
This really is the easiest hot dip recipe I have ever made.
- Combine all of the ingredients in medium bowl and stir to combine. Transfer the dip to an oven safe shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the dip is hot and bubbly.
Optional garnish ideas
- Sprinkle additional green onions or chives
- Chopped Jalapeno peppers
- Cayenne pepper for additional heat
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What do you serve with this creamy dip?
I always serve this with celery sticks and carrots to emulate the original Anchor Bar recipe. This makes it perfect for anyone that is looking for a gluten free or low-carb snack. I also serve tortilla chips, crackers or a sliced baguette for the carb lovers in my life.
Using a crock pot is a great alternative for making this recipe. Simply combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker insert, cover it and set it for 4 hours on low or 1 hour on high.
Leftovers can be refrigerated for 2-3 days in an airtight container. Re-heat in the microwave or an oven set at 350 degrees. For best results, when reheating it in the microwave, set the microwave on high for 30-40 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
Too much hot sauce or using low fat cream cheese can result in a runny dip. To thicken the dip add more cream cheese and mix well.
Our family favorite party foods
If you looking for easy appetizers that are perfect for your next party, we’ve got you covered. Whether it’s for a Super Bowl party, just a weekend during football season or any time of the year, we love another Buffalo favorite the Beef on Weck sandwich. If you are really looking for a tasty Italian inspired chicken wing alternative, you will love my Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings.
I love to get your feedback so if you tried this Easy Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip or any other recipes on this website, please leave me a comment below. I hope you enjoy our recipes and look forward to hearing from you!
Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
- 2 cups Chicken cooked and diced
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1/3 cup Hot Sauce like Franks
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 tbsp. Green Onion Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into an oven safe 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 mins. The dip should be hot and bubbly.
- Serve with celery sticks, crackers or tortilla chips.