You can’t let summer end without trying this homemade peach cobbler recipe. Beautifully ripe, sweet summer peaches baked with a cakey topping make a delicious ending to any meal.
There is just something very comforting about homemade peach cobbler. But sometimes the thought of baking in the summer is overwhelming because there are so many other things we could be doing. So this recipe is a perfect summer dessert. It is super easy to make, yet it tastes like you slaved over it. No one needs to know the truth; we can keep that between us.
What’s even better is that you can make this with any fruit that’s in season, so you can enjoy this cobbler all year long. Top it with whipped cream or your favorite ice cream to really take it up a notch.
The easiest way to peel peaches:
Set a saucepan of water over medium high heat. When it starts to boil, carefully lower the peaches into the pan for about 20 seconds. Remove the peaches one at a time and place them in a bowl of ice water to quickly cool them off. The peel will now come right off.
How To Make Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Slice the peaches in 6 or 8 slices per peach and toss with lemon and ¾ cups of sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar melts and the peaches give off some liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Place cubes of butter in the bottom of a 9”x13” baking dish and put it in the oven. Set the oven to 350 degrees. The butter will melt as the oven heats up.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, milk, and vanilla.
- When the butter is melted, pour the batter over the butter, and spread evenly.
- Pour the peaches and juices over the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cake topping is golden brown.
If you are looking for other summer desserts, give one of these a try:
The Best Homemade Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe
Must Try Authentic Banana Cream Pie
Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 6 cups Peaches Peeled and sliced
- ¾ cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ stick Butter unsalted
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Combine Peaches, sugar and lemon juice in a sauce pan set over medium high heat. Cook the peaches, stirring occasionally, until the the sugar and melted and some liquid has been drawn from the peaches. About 5 minutes.
- Cut the butter into cubes and place on in a 9"x13" baking dish. Place the baking dish in the oven and set the oven to 350°. The butter will melt as the oven heats up.
- While the oven heats up, prepare the topping by combining the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Stir until just evenly blended.
- When the butter has melted, remove the baking dish from the oven and pour the topping mixture over the butter. Don't mix it into the butter, but carefully spread it with a spatula so that it is evenly distributed.
- Pour the peaches over the topping and bake for 35-40 minutes. The cobbler will be golden brown when it is done.
1 thought on “Homemade Peach Cobbler”